Search Engine OptimisationAll sites designed and produced by York Interweb are initally created to be search engine friendly. If you already have a web site, or you would rather not be involved in the continuing SEO efforts of your web site, you may be interested in using this service.
One of the key ways customers find your site is via a search engine, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. SEO is basically making your site search engine friendly, giving it a higher ranking so when someone searches for ‘guest house York’, for example, in Google, your York-based guest house site will be as near to the top of the results as possible.
Most people will not search deeper than the first few pages in a search result unless what they are looking for doesn’t come up in them.
- We will work hard to understand your business and its website and research the best strategies for your audience.
- We'll target 2-3 keyword phrases per web page (for instance, ‘guest’, ‘house’, ‘York’ and the name of the guest house plus the unique qualities of the guest house).
- York Interweb can provide you with search engine-friendly copy that will also appeal to your customers, or we can adapt your own existing text to include the necessary keywords and phrases.
- Once your website is optimised, York Interweb will submit it to the search engines and perhaps some top human edited directories, such as Yahoo and BOTW.
The following procedures will be undertaken to optimise your web site:
- Keyword Research
- Develop great web site content
- Implement great web site content
- Optimise web pages
- Submit to top Directories (if agreed in budget, we only submit to top paid human edited directories like Yahoo)
- Submit to all major Search Engines *
- Work on Social Media exposure, either to an agreed budget or by giving you advice on how to do this yourself.
* Once your site has been submitted to all the search engines it can take up to 3 months before your site is listed, and a further 3 months before it's properly indexed.
Ongoing Search Engine Optimisation
Unfortunately SEO is not a fire and forget operation, it is something that needs to be worked at constanlty if you want your online business to succeed. Whether you're running a local flower shop or a national newspaper, SEO is an evolving environment that you need to keep an eye on.
At York Interweb we offer you two options:
1. After your initial SEO work is completed we can give you advice on what you need to do to keep on top of your SEO campaign yourself, most of which won't cost you anything but time and effort.
2. You can pay York Interweb a monthly retainer fee to undertake the needed SEO work for your business website, checking back with us in face-to-face meetings or via email etc to gauge the effectiveness of our efforts and make possible alterations in-line with the direction you want to take your business.
The secret to SEO is hard work and continued effort, just like in any business offline or online. I.e. there are no secrets, only lazy people would like to think there are which is why so many unscrupulous people are able to talk website business owners into handing over cash for a 'quick fix' that will ultimately be a waste of money and eventually have their website penalised and removed from search results.
All our SEO work is above board and our techniques can easily be researched on the internet and in books by anyone, just the same as you can look up DIY techniques... the hard part is having the time to learn the techniques and impliment them - there are no secrets.